Updated: Jul 29, 2020
In January, I went on the Daniel Fast for 21 days to start the new year and really got my body used to not eating meat and many other things like dairy and processed foods. When prepared with yummy spices and flavors, you realize you're not really missing much! With Super Bowl coming up this Sunday so I wanted to share some new fave snacks that would be perfect for the BIG GAME!
Head to our YouTube channel to see the play-by-play of each of these!
Mediterranean Shrimp Bites
1 bag medium frozen shrimp
2 TBSP EVOO
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
lemon juice squeezed from 1 lemon
fresh basil leaves (big ones torn in half)
mozzarella cheese pearls
- Thaw your frozen shrimp under cold water. While they are thawing, in a small bowl, mix your marinade ingredients - EVOO, oregano, garlic, paprika and lemon juice.
- Put thawed shrimp and marinade into a ziploc, shake to cover shrimp and place in fridge for 15 min.
- After shrimp have marinated, cook in skillet on medium-high for about 8-10 min, until they're turning pink and flip halfway through.
- Let shrimp cool. Stick each one with a toothpick and top with your basil leaves, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes
Cauliflower Buffalo Dip
bar of cream cheese
1-1 1/2 cups of Frank's Hot Sauce
2 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese
Dry ranch seasoning packet
1 bag of frozen cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 350. Pop your frozen cauliflower into the microwave and heat based on instructions.
- Put cream cheese and ot sauce into medium bowl and mix with blender. Start slowly or you will make a MESS!
- Once blended, add in your ranch packet and cheese and blend that.
- Then add your cauliflower and blend.
- Put in a non-greased dish and bake until cheese starts to brown and it loses it's "jiggle", about 30-35 min. If you're using a 9x13 dish, reduce time to 25 min.
- Serve with Late Tuesday quinoa and chia seed tortilla chips (found at Harris Teeter). Y'all these are so good and so much better for you!
Zucchini Chips with Tropical Black Bean Salsa
2 medium zucchinis, cut into 1/4" slices
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup of Italian panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesean cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1 mango, chopped
2 kiwis, chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil and cover with a drizzle of olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites.
- In separate shallow medium bowl, mix your breadcrumbs, parmesean cheese, oregano and garlic powder.
- Slice your zucchini into 1/4" slices. Dip into egg, covering completely, then cover with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake zucchini for 25-30 min, flipping them after 15 min.
- While zucchini is baking, mix your salsa ingredients - chopped tomatoes, black beans, pineapple, mango, kiwi and spring of salt and pepper. Set aside.
Hope y'all have the best time celebrating the great game of football this Sunday! Will you be hosting or going to someone else's party? What are you cooking?
Tell me in the comments!